21 March 2011

I SUUUUUUUCK....

at this blogging thing. What has it been, three weeks since I said I would blog? Ugh.

I've really been sucking at eating well which is a big problem. I thought I was doing well last week and then St. Patty's day hit. I ate corned beef and cabbage and then kept going over the weekend with pizza AND chinese. Ugh! I wish I could say that I have been keeping up with my working out but I'm about 2 workouts behind.

Life keeps getting in the way and I'm trying to work around it but it's hard. I was able to run outside for the first time this weekend and that was awesome. Best part about it was that I got Micah to go with me. Why is that a big deal? Well...Micah tends to ignore me when I talk about working out at all. He's just in better shape than me at his base level so I get frustrated when we try to work out together. It doesn't help that he is 6'1" and his legs are like 20 feet longer than mine. Also, I may have yelled at him a couple of times in the past when he has finished and come back to run by me. I know that he is trying to motivate me but it feels like he's lapping me and I get frustrated and yell and him. Oops. I'm trying to convince him to help me again because he is the closest person to me so he can be the best motivation. I may have scared him off, though.

Alright, I'm going to try and keep a weekly goal. It's a little more attainable than thinking about over a month from now. My main goal is to work out 4 times this week, including my spinning class. I went to spinning two weeks ago and fell in love again. I don't know why I ever gave it up! My goal for working out is tomorrow (run), Wednesday (spinning), Friday (run) and one day this weekend (run). Let's hope I can keep it up!

Alright....I know at least one person is interested in some of the recipes I've tried lately so I'll try to post one every time I blog. I'll start my recipes with the first and best meal of the day - BREAKFAST!! This is one of Micah and my new favorite weekend breakfasts. Paired up with a little fruit salad, it's such a great and hearty breakfast that can be made with pretty much anything you have on hand. Who doesn't like eggs, toast and cheese? The recipe can be found on the cooking blog Framed (). Micah and I always use just egg whites and add different vegetables or leftovers we have on hand including: tomato, green onions, chicken, turkey, etc. I think it would be great with a little avocado or spinach...hum...guess I'll have to try that next time! I normally have one with a little fruit and Micah has two. Fills us up well and if you use some good quality whole wheat/grain bread, you'll get the extra fiber to keep you full!

Have a great week everyone. Hopefully I can stick to my plan!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! It's so hard to get back on the horse sometimes, but I have faith in you! Maybe your blogging will inspire me to do the same with working out (once I can--right now have pain issues that are made worse by exercising, but that's no excuse for not at least walking) and I'll keep an eye out for your recipes...it'll be much to ryan's dismay though hahaha... He teases me about the mess that I never fail to make...I clean up after myself but SOMEHOW I get stuff everywhere-- I've been know to get puree on the ceiling before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. two things you might want to try to mix up your work out (bc i get SO bored at the gym): bikram yoga or hot yoga...its weird but DEF worth it!! and zumba..its an insane workout and even for a novice dancer like me-it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete